CEF organizational structure comprises the following bodies:
- Director, who represents CEF in administrative, organizational, legal and scientific matters.
- Directive Board, with executive management responsibilities, formed by the Director and two researchers, assisted by an executive secretary.
- Management Board, formed by the Director and coordinators of each Research Group and Thematic Strand. The Management Board is responsible for producing annual reports and activity plans, the outreach program and fund raising activities.
- Scientific Council, including all researchers (Ph.D. members) and responsible for the strategic programming.
- External Advisory Board, including seven institutional members selected from among key stakeholders in the private and public sectors.