You are here
- 1st Floor - Directorate, Secretariat, Study room (49 seats) and bar.
- 2nd Floor - Reading Room (200 seats).
- 3rd Floor - Room Lecturers and Researchers (8 places), Gab. Cartography (16 seats), Gab. Audio-visual (10 seats) and Gab. Technician.
Monographs (general), reserved monographs, reports bachelor, masters dissertations, pedagogical aptitude, PhD theses, classes of aggregation, journals (print and electronic edition), audio-visual materials and maps.
The BISA in numbers (2013)
Useful space: 2,600 m2
Readers - total: 4,808
ISA teachers: 248
ISA students: 2,983
Masters and PhD students: 707
CERES Base documents: 106,400
Monographs: 64,428 titles
Periodicals - Base REVISTAS
total: 3,330 titles
current: 112 titles
Cartographic documents - Base MAPAS: 2,460
Documents in digital form: 450
Documents Repository UTL: 1,770
System AGRIS / FAO
Documentary language: AGROVOC
Rating categories AGRIS.
» SOME HISTORY:
Foundation year – 1853
The main building, where the library occupied a large area in the first floor was inaugurated in 1917.By the year 2000, the library moved to a new building, specially designed to accommodate the large holdings gathered so far.
» BUILDING _ FLOORS:
The new building has three floors:
0 – Ground floor - Coffee shop - Study room (40 places / 20 computers) - Head Librarian’s office - Secretary Office - Storehouses (ancient books and periodicals)
1 – First floor - Information area - Research area - Reading room (200 places) - Rest area
2 – Second floor – Technical staff office - Map room - Teacher’s research room - Reunion room - Panoramic terrace
*Monographs (edited after 1970) – Free access consultation. Available for loan. Organized by subject, according to AGRIS Classification Scheme
* Monographs (edited before 1970) – available on demand for consultation or loan
* Restricted monographs – Books published before 1900. Available for consultation at the library
* Dissertations and Thesis
* Periodicals – available for consultation only at the library
* Cartographic material
* Reference works
* Other materials (CD, DVD)